Monday, April 2, 2018

Testimonial: with the Keto Masterclass my body is changing and getting stronger with every passing day.

Hello Mr. Wolf,

I wanted to write and say Thank You!! Admittedly this is going to be a long thank you, so don’t feel obligated to read the entire thing.

I’ve completed the first 45 days and am now into the 10th day of the second round. I was going to wait and write a thank you email once I was farther along with my goals, but after reading a specific comment that was posted on one of your podcasts, I thought I would send it now. I wanted you to know the impact you are having on my life.

You and your team have created something special with the Keto Masterclass. Below is a brief history of my struggles and the effect your course is having.

I have been overweight from a very early age and have tried everything under the sun to lose it as healthily as possible. I’ve weighed 225 lbs since I was 18, reaching my highest of 257 lbs in my early thirties. Being 5’ 10” and medium-boned, this weight is a lot to carry around for my body type. By the time I started your program, I was able to bring it down to 215 lbs doing a type of keto that I learned from multiple sources. Unfortunately, my weight loss always seemed to stall at this point whether I was following a keto diet or just reducing my food intake.

For over a decade, I told myself that I was going to break the 215 lbs barrier and prove to myself that food didn’t control me. You can imagine what this does to one’s confidence after years of trying and years of failing. I concluded that I was going to be stuck at this set weight forever and the miraculous loss that everyone seemed to enjoy just wasn’t for me. The best I could hope for was to just try and be healthy.

Anyone who has been overweight for a long period of time (in my case, almost my entire life) can tell you, being heavy is like being in a prison you can never escape. No matter how much joy life throws at you, you still feel like a prisoner. This may seem a little dramatic but it’s the best way I can describe being stuck in an overweight body.

Five months before my 44th birthday, I saw an ad from one of my favorite authors, podcasters, entrepreneurs, health nuts, and all round great guy Robb Wolf. You had just released your first online course, the Keto Masterclass.

To be honest, I was a little trepid to sign up. I have been doing keto for awhile and wasn’t sure if there was anything else I could do but cut back on my meal portions and hope for the best. My ultimate decision to join wasn’t to lose weight, but to give back for all the free and great content you have provided over the years.
I’ve always felt that you spoke to people from all walks of life. Women, men, professional athletes, and regular joes like me. I knew if I signed up, whether I lost extra weight or not, I would learn something new to keep myself healthy.

I am 55 days into the program and not only have I blown past 215 lbs, I am only 2 lbs away from breaking the 200 lbs mark. As you well know, body weight is a small factor of health and it is coming off slower than most individuals on fad diets would be happy with, but with the Keto Masterclass my body is changing and getting stronger with every passing day. This is all because of the great work that you, your wife, and your team have put into creating such a wonderful course.

Here is a short list of what I discovered that may help others in keto if they are struggling:

1.  I was eating too much fat! I wasn’t eating copious amounts, just enough oils on my food that my body didn’t need to dip into its reserves. People need to change the misconception that you can eat all the fat you want and still lose weight.
2.  I wasn’t taking in enough protein and had to readjust to eating more food! This probably had the biggest impact on me. I always shied away from working out on keto because it would kick off major food cravings in the form of high carb food. This, in turn, would derail me for a few days. With the new adjustments I made to my protein intake, the cravings have seemed to completely disappear. Admittedly, my workouts are still light, but I try to get in some type of movement exercise in the form of stretching, walking, push-ups, etc. Not being a fan of cold weather, I do plan on hitting it harder when it warms up.
3.  Electrolyte, electrolyte, electrolyte! Your drink is a lifesaver. I struggled with cramps on keto and within a few days they were a thing of the past.

The list above are just the highlights of what I learned in your course. I just wanted to point out the things that have had a major impact on my success up to this point. I still have a long way to go, but I now know it is only a matter of time.

I could go on and on about the different concepts that you have in your program that can completely change a person’s life—not just the foods you eat, but the whole body and mind experience. Most of society doesn’t want to acknowledge how sick and addicted we have become. This addiction is showing up in ways we don’t truly understand yet. It takes someone brave like yourself to stand up and say enough!

After spending a lifetime looking for answers and coming up short, I now have conquered the impossible thanks to you.

You see, Mr. Wolf, I have been stuck in a prison with no way out. A person whom I have never met, reaches out to give me the key to freedom. In many ways I will never be able to fully pay you back for all that you have done, and all that is to come (forgive me, I’m a musician and we tend to be overly dramatic).

Thank you, your wife, and your team for the fantastic work you do!
Adam Baxley

Via Health & Wellness http://www.rssmix.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment